In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s battery storage solution.
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with power optimizers
- 2.2kW to 6kW inverter range
- Superior efficiency
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring receiver
- Communication to internet via Ethernet or Wireless (Wi-Fi, ZigBee Gateway, Cellular)
- Supports PV and battery management as part of the StorEdge solution
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
SolarEdge's HD-Wave technology inverter, winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar award, breaks the mold of traditional inverters. Using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing, the HD-Wave technology inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. This small and lightweight inverter enables simplified shipping and storing and one-person installation. The record-breaking efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
Additional HD-Wave Feature Highlights:
- Small lightweight and easy to install at <10kg
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- Superb reliability due to lower heat dissipation and film capacitors instead of electrolytic capacitors
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- Backward compatible with existing SolarEdge systems
HD-Wave vs. Traditional Technology
1) Distributed multi-level switching elements create a sine wave.
Powerful DSP processor synthesizes a clean sine wave
2) Less magnetics are required for filtering3) Highly efficient design with minimal heat loss reduces cooling requirements
1) Today, inverter switching elements create a crude sine wave
2) Magnetics filter a sine wave
3) Metallic enclosures, cooling systems and fans dissipate heat